Friday, January 23, 2009

brock is my unicorn






My week has consisted of spending quality time with Boo and collecting used childrens' books featuring the illustrations of Eloise Wilkins. Her pictures really express the innocence and sweet playfulness of children in everyday life. They are simply delicious to look at. She contributed to over 20 books starting from the 1940s.
Here are some of my favorite images.

On a side note much has been said this week about hope, unity, change, and other things presidential. I believe that hope and change are personal and only come if we ask for it from within ourselves. We always have the choice to be positive or negative. And change can come at anytime and under any circumstance. I think it is silly to wait for the right moment and wake up one day and "decide" things will be different. Instead do your best everyday, don't fret over what others are doing, and choose to think and act positive.
For those of you who have chosen to be negative, ugly and mean these past few years-
Shame on you!
You didn't unite the country you chose to make it worse. Learn from your mistakes and learn to be more tolerant of those who think different of you.
My mom wisely said that the "loudest people are the most heard". That is so true and often times they are just plain obnoxious. I will do my best to ignore the ignorant, petty, naysayers and quietly
"do my best".
Brock is my unicorn and nothing else matters.