Wednesday, December 24, 2008

ta da!



Here is my Christmas masterpiece!
Baby Brock's very own felt stocking.
Hand stitched with love from his mum.
I sent it to my parents in Oregon to be opened on Christmas Eve and added to the stocking collection but alas they are snowed in there and UPS refuses to deliver it until better weather conditions.
Bah humbug!
But it is to special to wait until after the holidays to share......
Every member of our family has their own handmade stocking. A tradition born before I was born! My grandfather, an art teacher, would cut out felt images and my grandmother, Mimi, would hand sew them together. Several years ago I took over the proud position of Stocking Seamstress!
Here is baby's featuring a football field, Wolverine and Dutch and the state of Texas.
Mine is 34 years old (but looks 26) and of course Joe has his own as well.
How many more will there be........?
A magical question indeed!

1 comment:

Traci said...

So lovely and a beautiful tradition to continue. You have done a wonderful job! Merry Christmas!